We had a Burglar Alarm System installed over eight years ago by ACS Security and our business has doubled in size since then. During each phase of our addition ACS Security was able to keep the original system in good working order while adding new protection for our business expansion. We were so impressed with their work that we asked them to install video cameras and a digital video recorder to increase our level of security.
Coeline Hilseberg – Accounting, Alex Cooper Auctioneers, Towson, MD
There are many reasons to get a electronic security system and one of the most common reasons is to protect your assets. Let’s face it if your business has product, inventory, equipment, or money in your business then you have what someone else wants and you need to protect it.
Crime cost Maryland Businesses in the millions of dollars each year. It has a particularly damaging effect on companies that can lose both customers and employees after a wave of crime. This effect isolates them and increases their vulnerability to crime. There are ways that businesses can fight back and prevent crimes from occurring.
• Train all employees full time and part time including the cleaning staff- so they are familiar with security procedures and know your expectations.
• Keep detailed, up-to-date records. Store back-up copies off the premises. If you are ever victimized, you can access losses more easily and provide useful information for law enforcement investigations.
• Mark all equipment, including computers and cash registers, with an identification number (tax ID or license). Take pictures of all the equipment and keep a record of all identification numbers off the premises with other important records.
• Windows should have secure locks and remove all expensive items from your window displays at night and make sure you can see easily into your business after closing. Move valuable merchandise away from the door and windows to prevent “smash and grab” thefts.
• Check the parking lot for good lighting and unobstructed views.
• Light the inside and outside of your business, especially around doors, windows, skylights, or other entry points. Consider installing covers over exterior lights and power sources to deter tampering.
• Install locks on Dumpsters to prevent unauthorized trash dumping, a hiding place and keep your trash from being pick through for those looking for any type information.
• Make sure that your entire sales floor can be easily viewed. Eliminate any blind spots that may hide a robbery in progress. Keep displays neat, and place small and valuable objects in cabinets. Ensure that your staff is familiar with all of the merchandise in the store.
• Make bank deposits often and during business hours. Do not establish a regular pattern. Take different routes at different times during the day.
• Think before talking about the details of your job or working on sensitive projects in public places such as restaurants, airplanes, classrooms, and gyms.
• Think about what is on a piece of paper before you toss it into the trash. If it is sensitive information, tear it up or use a shredder.
• Challenge any strangers who enter your work area. Ask for identification. Call a supervisor or security for help.
• After hours, do not work late alone. Create a buddy system for walking to parking lots or public transportation or ask security to escort you.
• If a thief confronts you or your employees, cooperate. Merchandise and cash can always be replaced- people can’t!
As a Maryland security systems expert, I’m ofter asked how do I find a reputable security systems company in the Baltimore area. When you are looking for a home security system, you may neglect to think about the best security company to meet your needs. You should consider the security company you use to be a very important component of meeting your security needs. This is the company that will be the backbone of your security system and the way they respond to your security needs will be what makes your security system a good one or not.
The basics of a security system meant that once the alarm is activated the security firm will either send a security guard to investigate the situation or the police will be called out to handle the disturbance. How effective or smoothly this goes will depend upon the security company you have. If you have a security company that will move quickly, then it is much more likely that this will be a fast response time.
There are a lot of security companies that offer these products and services to protect the home. Each security company has different ways to help protect their customers with different devices, such as intrusion detection, video surveillance, and fire or smoke detection. The costs involved will cover the hardware, installation fee, and the on-going monthly services charges. The cost of maintaining the system is included in the monthly charges as well.
In order to make the wisest decision when it comes to getting your security system, you should try to research several of the best home security companies. Look into the background of a company, how the company performs, the quality of the security hardware, and the customer service.
When you take the time to do your research on all of this, you will be much better off and also much more informed to making the correct decision when it comes to your getting the best security system to meet your needs.
If you’re looking for a Maryland security systems company to help secure your Baltimore are business surronding area facility or building please pick up the phone and give us a call at 410-557-6006 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Would you like to be at your business when you are not?
· Want to know how your employees conduct themselves while on company property?
· Tired of relying on 2nd hand information ?
· Are you interested in reducing risk of liability claims?
· Can you identify between employees and visitors?
· Is your building security still a lock and key?
· Do you know everyone that has keys to your building?
· Would you like to know who and when someone enters the building?
· Can a person that is knocking at the door be identified?
· Are you interested in keeping certain areas controlled so only specific personnel can enter these areas?
· Would you like to have your doors be able to lock and unlock on a time schedule?
· Would you like to know all the latest in security technology?
· Is your current alarm system more than five years old?
· Are you paying more than $300.00 per year for monitoring?
· Do you have remote access to arm or disarm your system?
· Can your current system send text messages and alerts?
· Are you experiencing more than 10 false alarms a year?
Critical Condition Monitoring
· Would you like to save money and protect your building and equipment from water damage, unstable temperatures, excessive heat and smoke damage?
Flexible terms and payment options are available to your customers so they can get the equipment they need. A one-page application and speedy process make it simple for you to apply. Call ACS SECURITY SYSTEM of MARYLAND to take advantage of our financing options. It doesn’t matter if you need Digital CCTV System, IP Cameras, Access Control System, Alarm System, Monitoring and Intercom/Pagining all at once because we can help you in more ways than one.
Standard Lease Plans
Fair Market Value – This plan offers the most options both during and at the end of the lease term for those worried about obsolescence or wanting a small security deposit and a relatively low monthly payment. At the end of the lease term, you have three options: extend the term of the lease, return the equipment, or buy it at its fair market value. Marlin also offers financing for those wishing to buy the equipment at the end of the lease term. A True Lease allows the most cost to be deferred to the end of the lease when a decision to retain or upgrade the equipment can be made.
10% Security Deposit – Because this program offers the lowest monthly payment, it is especially attractive to those who can afford to pay a 10% security deposit of the lease amount at the beginning of the lease. End-of-lease options still apply. Use the deposit to extend the lease or return the equipment and request the refunded deposit.
10% Purchase Option – This plan offers the customer a fixed purchase option at the end of the lease term. Upon final payment, the customer can continue to lease the equipment, return the equipment, or buy it at 10% of the original equipment cost.
$1.00 Buy Out – For those who are fairly certain they wish to purchase the equipment at the end of the lease term, this is the recommended plan. Once the lease term expires, the equipment is simply purchased for $1.00.